The SIFCO Process® plays an essential role in the remanufacturing industry by restoring critical dimensions and surface properties of worn components back to their OEM requirements.
For capital goods with long lifecycles, remanufacturing with selective plating offers “like-new” functionality. With significantly less production cost and a low environmental impact, the SIFCO Process is used within the remanufacturing industry in the following sectors:
- Aerospace: landing gear, actuators, and turbine engines
- Electrical Apparatus: power distribution conductors, transformers, switch gears, and boards
- Heavy-duty and off-road equipment: diesel engines, bearing journals, and housings
- Railroad: drive motors and axles
- Machinery: valves, turbines, and compressors
- Marine: diesel engine components, pistons, and propeller shafts
The SIFCO Process® is a vital resource when you need to enhance repair, and rebuild your critical components. We partner with you to develop solutions to fulfill your specific application requirements.
SIFCO ASC Surface Treatments:
- Provide corrosion protection
- Improve wear resistance
- Improve solderability or brazing characteristics
- Decrease electrical contact resistance
- Prevent galling
- Serve as bearing surfaces