Selective Plating in the Oil and Gas Industry
SIFCO ASC has served the Oil and Gas market for over 50 years with selective plating products and job shop services. Our team has experience with repairing equipment and enhancing OEM components.
The SIFCO Process® is the leading portable method of electroplating localized areas without the use of an immersion tank. It is primarily used for enhancing surfaces on OEM components, permanent repairs and salvaging worn or mis-machined parts in the Oil and Gas industry.
SIFCO ASC Surface Treatments:
- Provide corrosion protection
- Improve wear resistance
- Improve solderability or brazing characteristics
- Decrease electrical contact resistance
- Prevent galling
- Serve as bearing surfaces
- Increase surface hardness
Watch the SIFCO Process® and discover the benefits of selective plating
Common Oil and Gas Applications
- Silver plating onto dynamic sealing and bearing surfaces.
- Selective plating of copper onto premium threaded connections, alloy premium drill pipe, risers, tubulars, and couplings to prevent galling during make-and-break operations.
- Application of AeroNikl (sulfamate nickel) for corrosion protection in high-chloride, down-hole applications.
- Repair of worn and mechanically damaged surfaces with a combination of copper and AeroNikl.
- Onsite repair of offshore platform components.
Common Components Plated
|Copper Plating Solutions||Nickel Plating Solutions|
Copper Select® Program
SIFCO ASC is the world leader in selective plating technology and sets the standard for quality and reliability for plating copper onto premium threaded connections. SIFCO ASC is approved by industry leaders to train operators, worldwide, to selectively apply copper onto premium threaded connections!
Oil & Gas Customers